Today movie was Resident Evil: Apocalypse. This is a reasonable movie. Normally I vote movies very high, but this will not be the case. There are a lot of small things that could be better, some questions to answer, and some bad points. For example, it is easy to see that the end of the movie is prepared for a continuation.
Meanwhile, some comments:
- Nice girls (Alice and Jill Valentine), with very interesting movements. I just didn’t understand why they wear so few clothes. I’m not complaining. I just wonder why. Maybe for freedom of movements?
- Again, a big company did not get condemned by its crimes. Just be afraid of big companies. Just as Microsoft. If they want to cover something they can do it.
- One more time, computers are not shown properly. First, nobody uses that kind of sophisticated interfaces to work. Then, it just don’t take that few minutes to crack a system.
- If a videogame like resident evil, with some story, ends-up in this kind of movie, what can we expect of… DOOM?
Today’s movie was Kung Fu Hustle (or Gong fu). This is a kung-fu movie (check the title if in doubt), full of special effects, blood, action, romance and laughs. Of course I would do some things in a different way, but the movie is great. Imagine that it includes a woman and a sissy wich are kung-fu fighters.
Also, the soundtrack is very nice and very well chosen for the movie.
Voted 10/10 on IMDB.
Yesterday had the time to see Seed of Chucky. I didn’t see the original Chucky movie what can be a loss to comment on this one.
Seed of Chucky is an Comedy (although you can classify it as horror). It has blood (I think a little more than Kill Bill I), some flying heads, screams (these ones screamed directly from Jennifer Tilly), and awesome good pair of boobies (these ones directly from Jennifer Tilly breast) and fun.
I’m voting 9 in IMDB because of some little problems of the movie.
Today I’ve sent an email to Michael Schwern, creator of ExtUtils::MakeMaker module asking for some help. In the subject line I wrote something like: “Need help from the God“.
This is his answer…
1. And God said unto ambs:
2. Blessed are the built-ins; for they shall work for all.
3. Blessed is require(); for it is simple and always works.
4. It shall forever and always find modules which have strayed from your flock
5. As long as they are in the eyes of @INC.
6. And God saw that ambs was troubled and he comforted him saying.
7. Rejoice and be glad for this is the keyword of the Lord.
8. And God finished the letter to ambs
9. And He saw that it was silly and that it was good.
10. And He closed His laptop and lay His crown upon the pillow
11. And in the third hour, He rested.
What else can I say?
PS: I am ‘ambs’. It is my CPAN nick.
Another Teen-based movie. This time with less sex, more romance, little drugs and nice girls. This is not the best teen movie I’ve seen, but can give you some good time. I vote for 5 in 10.
This was the movie of the weekend (imdb). Finally the TV shows some interesting movie. It is a comedy, you can classify it as a stupid comedy, but it is funny. It includes a stupid guy and a nice girl. What else do you need?
I’ll vote 6/10. If you like to laugh, and you don’t mind some stupidity, see it!
Another weekend, another movie. This time, Fast Times at Ridgemont High (imdb). This must be one of the first teen movies (1982), but it contains almost or everything recent teen movies contain: boys, girls, teachers, drugs, sex, abortion, masturbation, nude scenes… well, it doesn’t contain gay scenes (good!).
Rating this movie is difficult. I just can’t rate it about what I think a teen movie should be nowadays, but how it would be back in the 80s. Well, 8/10.
This weekend I’ve seen Mermaids (imdb). It is not a fantastic movie, but it is also not a bad movie. In fact, it has a story, minimally coherent, and nice girls. This last point is important. Everybody knows mermaids are very beautiful.
Voted 6/10 on IMDB.