These two guys are crazy. But also brilliant. You can find most of the show online on YouTube. In fact, the more interesting sketches are available online. Don’t be fooled by the amount of comments stating they stole the ideas for their show. Check the full video and you’ll notice the credits, all present. It is just natural to use ideas from other people. Just do not try to sell them as new.
I am not properly a Bon Jovi fan. But I like the well known It’s My Life. In the expectation of other good musics from this same band, I decided to buy the Bon Jovi Greatest Hits CD. If it contains the greatest hits, then probably, they are the best of their titles.
But probably not. Or probably I do not like their music. I appreciate just a few of the musics presents on this CD.
- Livin On A Prayer – not a bad music. I really like to chorus. But, unfortunately, it is just like the other Bon Jovi musics: there is a chorus that is mostly repeated and repeated.
- You Give Love A Bad Name – again, I like the chorus. And the one in the beginning of the music, without instrument support is really nice.
- It’s My Life – yes, the best music on the CD.
- Have A Nice Day – nice rhythm. The music is acceptable.
- Wanted Dead Or Alive – like the guitar, but then the music remembers me of the usual Cowboy medleys. That is its goal, but I do not like it much…
- Bad Medicine – although this music repeats itself a lot, I like the rhythm and melody.
- We Weren’t Born To Follow – about this one, I like mostly the lyrics.
- I’ll Be There For You – and here the CD starts to drop quality. This one is too slow. Probably the problem is trying to be romantic. And I’m not in the romantic mood recently…
- Born To Be My Baby – no, lacks melody.. lacks rhythm… do no like it…
- Bed Of Roses – another romantic one? oh.. damn… next one, please!
- Who Says You Can’t Go Home – this one is… acceptable…
- Lay Your Hands On Me – no, no, no, no…
- Always – calm, and romantic, again. Unfortunately the CD doesn’t include the video-clip.
- In These Arms – the chorus is almost acceptable…
- What Do You Got? – I like the chorus… good enough
- No Apologies – do not like much, too…
I threw the stick to the cat, (cat, cat)
but the cat, (cat, cat)
did not die, (die, die)
Dona Chica, (ca)
with the cry, with the cry,
that the cat did.
These are two CDs that I woul not buy if I was unable to hear before. Not hear in the shop. Not hear in the radio. Listen to it when my mood is to do that! For that I need someone to lend me the CD, or I need an MP3. MP3 are piracy. But they are needed. At least for me. If I like a music, I will buy it.
My music background is Classic (I learned to play piano). During years I just listened to classical music. Some time later I listened to Queen and start listing to some rock.
But I would never buy/listen to Within Temptation if it wasn’t the coincidence of watching the Black Symphony concerto on a TV Store.
I loved the sound, and no, it wasn’t because of the surround system that was connected to the TV. I really liked to listen. But, once again, it wasn’t enough to make me pay to listen to it.
This is the time torrents become handy. I downloaded the concerto, and watched to it. And now, I am willing to buy the CD for the concerto.
Now, regarding Within Temptation. They have a good sound, they have some interesting musics, Sharon has a great voice, and the orchestration was great. I just think the musics are much alike one another. I am not sure yet if this is because of the Sharon voice timbre (and when I get used to it, I will start differentiating musics) or if they are lacking some imagination.